Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Native Sun Baymeadows is open!!!


Ain't she a beauty?

If anybody's looking for me Saturday, umm, I think I'll be here.

At least in the morning. This organic grocer's masterpiece features 18,000 square feet of healthy foods, from their free-range rotisserie chickens to their smoothie bar to their fresh organic produce. I'd like to take an hour just to wander slowly up and down the aisles, educating myself. Then I'll do a light shop, since their prices are probably a shade more than I'm used to, and I'll top it off with a visit to their smoothie bar.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....

Doesn't mean as much for the Mandarin folks probably; the first Native Sun is right on San Jose here in Jax, which is kind of the heart of Mandarin, but the added size and brandnewness of the Baymeadows store is probably worth at least one trip to the complex on the corner of 9A. For me, it's frickin' ideal, just 3 miles from my place and stocked to the gills with food that's gotta be infinitely better for us than the Winn-Dixie fare we so often settle on...we hit W/D often, because their prices are so damn low and you don't necessarily have to wear a bra when you shop, because the clientele there is so skanky.....

But now that I'm getting healthy, one step at a time, it's time to get serious about what we put in our bodies. I've been buying more juice lately, the good stuff like Apple & Eve or Juicy Juice, and we've been actually eating the vegetables before they go bad. Having Native Sun this close is a great help, and I hope to indulge in their goods often as we change over from the land of starch and fat to the land of green.

No comments: