Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shoe Farts & Zoe

Is it too much to ask to own shoes that don't fart?

Went to Wilson's Leathers before haircut Saturday to burn the rest of the gift card Meara had given me...found another nice pair of Birk-wannabes, mauve with a flower cutout...get 'em home, try 'em on...plop, plop, plop...nice little air farts as I walk. I'm sure it'll dissipate as they break in...it better...#$%^&*(!

Still haven't been knitting much, but found my Zoe disk when I moved the dining room around yesterday! No, not ruthee's Zoe...Zoe is my novel, the 2nd part of which is badly in need of a rewrite before I'll ever send a query letter to a publisher, assuming I ever shore up the nerve to do that. I'd love to dig back into the sucker. I'm happy with the first part, an 8-chapter section that lays the base from a 5th grader's point of view. The 2nd part flashes forward to present and that's what really needs the work. The writing's erratic because a lot of it reflects my past experiences taken to an extreme, kind of a "what could've happened" viewpoint, and writing that was like reliving it at times. It's been, heck, probably a year since I've taken a good look at it, and I think that'll help steer it back into fiction from its semiautobiographical nature.

No comments: