Thursday, July 13, 2006

Restless

Quick bleedover from my SCMoving blog...another reason I don't just buy another cushion for the papasan, is because I'd much rather spend the money on a slipcover for our small couch. Then I plan to recover and restuff the 5 pillows that go with it.

Haven't been in the mood for knitting this week; I pick something up, do a row, move on. If I can lay hands on the pillow pattern I have, to use as a guide, I may start the couch pillows this weekend. Barely need the pattern when you already have the pillows, I suppose; just take out the stuffing and measure. But it's been ages since I've done any real sewing, like say, Girl Scout badge-ages, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right...plus the sewing machine isn't set right tension-wise and all the thread I own is too fine, so I've got my work cut out for me. My previous attempts at sewing with the rather nice machine I inherited from my mominlaw have resulted in loose stitching with a nasty plethora of knotted-up yarn on the bottom of the piece.

Ah, the dreams of a payday weekend. Of course, after the bills, we should have about 36 cents left, so...we'll see how much goes to fabric and thread. I told Les how I want to stop eating out, and I'm putting the Candleflame shawl on the back burner because I don't want to shell out the dough for the yarn. So listen, KBers, my birthday's in 2 months, if ya plan now.....

:)

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Remove covers from pillows, cut along seam lines, iron, pin to new fabric, cut 1/2" outside old pieces to give yourself seam allowances, live for months without couch cushions because you don't get around to sewing up the new ones and you've destroyed the old ones.

Dreadhead Red said...

Yup, I have a list. Want to reupholster (my spelling is a result of 70's elementary education) my kitchen table chairs, and recover my couch pillows, ah yeah....... I want slip covers too. Game for taking a trip to Joannes for clearance upholstery? The slip covers for furniture will have to wait for time being. *damn*. I hate being responsible sometimes.