Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Random TV sh*t

I'm a font of useless entertainment trivia. My pals make fun of me, because I reference Law & Order to make points in conversation. Ah, so what? Like the song says, baby, I gotta be me! Been this way since long before my stint as a movie theater manager...

Had these two going through my head today:
"There's two ways to face a mountain. One way's to go around it and one way's to go over it. Going around it may be easier, but you'll miss the view from the top."
~ Paraphrased from The Waltons (of all things ::rolls eyes::)

That's a show I don't watch regular or look for, but find I can't turn off when I find it by accident. It's just too well-written.

And this gem from original Law & Order:
Coroner: "And now if you gentlemen will excuse me, I need to go remove a javelin from some guy's chest."
Briscoe: "Hey Johnson, why'd you get into this business?"
Coroner (deadpan): "Free javelins."

Yeah, I know...really need to find a hobby...knitting obviously ain't enough...though I did start a swatch tonight because I was inspired by Wendy Knits, who was inspired by the Mason-Dixon gals to try a log cabin something...thinking it'll help me get over my fear of picking up stitches.

No comments: