Monday, April 24, 2006

Where the hell'd April go?


I'm not complaining, mind you. I tend to have off months; for me, February, April, and July just don't fit as well as the rest for some reason. I'm used to it. Still, as we trudge on toward summer, Avon walk, and other things I'm not yet prepared for, it's enough to make a girl go ACK!

Well, there's a nice thing about April, I guess. The Annual Butterfly Festival is this coming weekend at Tree Hill Nature Center here in Jax. (graphic courtesy of http://www.treehill.org/) Lived in this area 10+ years now, and never been to Tree Hill; probably can't drag Les out for it, but maybe some of the knitting gang will be game. I think Green Lynn and Izzy handed out info for Riverkeepers there last year.

Granted, I couldn't quite help the last two weeks of inactivity. My health sitch gave me all the energy of a wrung-out dishrag. I mean, you know something's wrong when you're too tired to knit! I seem to be on an upswing, but I'm still getting tired easily, which sucks, because when you're lazy to begin with, it's harder to distinguish feeling better from feeling normal. Not sure that makes sense, but that's how it feels. We went to the flicks on Saturday (Ice Age 2, very sweet!) and then took in some shopping, and by the time we got home, I was all in, as the Southerners say. Ticks me off when the most basic shit tuckers me out. I don't need any help feeling out of shape; my big belly does that for me.

Anyway, enough about that...making progress on the umbilical cord hat for Kylie. I'll probably plow through that until it's done. It's my first time trying I-cord, so that should be interesting. I'm giving myself til her birth on the dress, I'm 2/3rd done with the blanket, and I still want to do a pair or three of those little mittens they wear so they don't scratch their faces. And I bought point protectors for the SSS, just for grins.


Happy Monday!

No comments: