Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Quickie

Looks like they're having an outage at Blogger in about 20 minutes, so this one's quick...

Pilates.

Neat concept.

Sat down and really watched the 20-minute workout the other day. Incorporated just one of the moves into my yoga stretching that night and noticed something the next day. I think they call it posture.

So I played the Step-by-Step basics disc last night and followed along best I could. I've got too much body for some of the moves. They emphasize grabbing your ankles for support because your knees are the weakest joints below the waist, but that's laughable to a big girl. And while that spine massage move is a blast, I can't begin to think about rolling back up from it so I just kind of roll back and then giggle and sigh.

Today, again with that posture thing. And a desire to suck in my belly to stand taller. Also pulled a muscle in my bicep, so I'll walk tonight instead of trying some more Pilates right off. Probably cool down with yoga after the walk. But the point is, hot damn! I've found a form of exercise that makes me feel better about myself. I wasn't ready to like it; depending on what you read, it's not exactly based in anatomy and physiology. But the Basics disc clearly showed how your body should be positioned in each move, what areas it's targeting, and there's a chick modifying the moves for folks who can't handle the whole thing.

Past the halfway mark on B4 (yea!), and did some baby hat in the doc's office today. Doc reminded me of how fertility stats decrease as age increases, so I'm a little restless today (should probably ask Terra if I can come babysit, so that I can come to my senses, but I'm so jonesing for a kid right now, might do more harm than good. Should probably offer to watch Draken instead; that'd be more of a wakeup call, considering how skittish he is around me) and will probably do some thinking and planning with Les in the coming weekend as to how we want this year to play out.

No comments: