Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hell has frozen over...



Ain't she a beauty?

Well, she got a pass from me. I'm very pleased with myself. Now granted, it's a tad easier to pass up that warm, yummy deliciousness when the outcome could be a splitting headache, but still, we're talking Melanie never-met-a-carb-she-didn't-love Johnson here. And I do have Advil at my desk and I took my acidophilus this morning. Could've easily rationalized that sucker right into my mouth.

Test #2: I'm grabbing soup and a salad at Panera for lunch, instead of a sandwich and cookies. Though admittedly, not splurging on the cookies is probably more of a money issue than a carb issue.

I think I finally hit halfway on the B4! I'll double check tonight, maybe give it one more row, and then do the pattern switch. Yea! Walked on both breaks yesterday and did yoga last night. I'm hoping to take a short walk after work today if the weather holds. It should; we don't get the crazy thunder and lightening for another month or so usually, and I don't give a crap about plain rain. Kind of hard to, when the entire NY walk was performed in the stuff. Makes me all proud of my fortitude n' stuff. :)

1 comment:

Melanie J. said...

You know you're hard up for entertainment when you start responding to your own blog.....

Penny pincher that I am, I passed up the salad for just soup with a multigrain baguette, which judging from the amount of cornmeal in it, probably wasn't as good for me as I'd like to think it was. And I should've known better than to buy an apple there--the damn thing fits in the palm of my hand, and is more yellow than red. Microapple. Wah.