Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm up to my stash in Wool Ease!

Spent Labor Day weekend in Aiken, SC, visiting the in-laws...feels weird calling them that, they're nicer than my folks...nice little town, real small-town feel to the shops and streets, plus it's the South, the true South, so the people are friendlier, say hello to you on the street when you're a total stranger, hold the door open for you, that sort of thing.

I discovered the local yarn shop, because I went up there wanting to buy a pair of circulars to make the Aveleen (sp) cowl from Knitty. Lots of cross-stitch and needlepoint in front, decent yarn and needle section in back with good names like Rowan and Lorna's Laces. Found my needles there, but the prize was afterward; the mom-in-law and I went to a store called Tuesday Morning. It's mainly filled with crap--knickknacks, knockoffs, everything from pots and pans to linens to baby clothes to garden wrought iron garbage. But there in the back on an endcap next to a truly pitiful display of plastic needles and sewing notions, was the gold mine--Lion Brand Wool Ease in non-hideous colors, 3 to a bag for $7.99. I snatched up a bag of Dark Rose Heather for the cowl, and a bag of this 3-tone brown for another wrap I've been wanting to make.

Finally my stash is starting to look like...a stash! Add to that the Encore I'm trying/hoping to acquire from Terra/Teresa/Zee, whomever the heck has it from PPD, and I'm getting positively spoiled! I'm afraid I don't count what Steph and Ginny gave me, because most of that is too old or too ugly to use, so I'll probably try to donate it somewhere. Wonder if Katrina's survivors could use some yarn?

No comments: