Monday, August 29, 2005

Too much cool shit to knit!

There's the burgundy shawl in the crappy Red Heart; can't stand the yarn, but like the pattern--it's just interesting enough to keep me from boredom and just easy enough to keep me from frustration. There's mr. sock, who's easy and challenging at the same time. There's the purple poncho, which gets boring fast (all garter stitch) were it not for the wonderful soft-softness of the Homespun it's being created with. There's the chenille-and-ribbon scarf, which, like the Red Heart, is a project I'm doing to use up yarn; found out after purchase that I wasn't a big fan of chenille. And I started a basketweave on the new pink Encore I procured at Pagan Pride Day this past weekend, but I think I'm going to rip it out in favor of starting a baby layette set, just for kicks. Not for anyone in partic...do have one friend who's preggers, but if/when I make anything for her, it'll be with 100% wool or organic something, 'cause she's quite the granola.

I neglect mr. sock out of fear. I'm almost to the point of starting the heel, which will require reading and paying attention and having patience and I don't have much of those things right now. Life's been a little roller-coastery, but it's like being a hamster in one of those balls, where they can roll around outside of their cage...you move, but you don't actually get anywhere because you're still stuck in the ball when you get where you're going. That's what life's been feeling like lately. I think going to SC for Labor Day weekend will definitely help, that and giving mr. sock the attention he deserves.

2 comments:

ruthee... said...

Fear is the mind killer. Knit the sock, damnit. What is the worst that can happen? =)

Lynn said...

What is the worst that can happen??? hmmmm...you still have the other sock to knit Mrs. Sock LOL!