Thursday, August 25, 2005

Too many projects!

Reached that stage again, where I've got so many irons in the fire that it feels like I never make headway on anything...

Well, except one thing...

The hat is done! The hat is done! Happy dance, happy dance, the hat is done!

Fits great, and was so easy, it's sickening. Seriously, considering it was my first time knitting in the round and only the second time trying the dreaded dpns, I thought it would be harder, but once you switch to dpns, it works up real quick. Only gaff was the nipple top I almost put on it, resulting in some extra sew work after the bind off...definitely looking forward to getting my own larger dpns and trying my hand at that again with a more exciting yarn. The grey is nice though, very nondescript, and the design "features" I put on the brim look like they belong there :)

Bought a fresh skein for the purple poncho, as well as some ribbon yarn to work up that other chenille scarf, so I've got scarf, sock, poncho, and shawl on the needles right now. Is that it? I think so, so needless to say poor mr. sock keeps getting neglected. Maybe I'll bring him to Pagan Pride Day this Saturday and work up that last inch before starting the heel. Also would love to try my hand at baby booties--found a skein of sherbet green Jiffy at Michael's for $1.75 on clearance that would be perfect to practice on.

No comments: