Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm a tease

Well, I was gonna work on mr. sock again last night, but first I had to cook dinner (tried a new recipe, which turned out to be tasty and scary at the same time), and by the time I was done doing that, Alexa called and we spent an hour on the phone figuring out the particulars for the yarn for her poncho. She ordered the stuff and I should see it in a week or so; she'd love to have it by Halloween, which is doable, but will require due diligence on my part. I'm looking for more pattern ideas, because it'd be easier to knit it front to back but that makes the neck not so easy...I don't think it'd make the neck all that hard, really just a matter of decreasing on one side, picking up on the other. I'm going to print out the patterns, look for others, and get input from the bitches tonight.

I love Alexa, she's a really neat person. She's my oldest friend; we were in 4th grade together with Mr. Pratt. Very intelligent, spent a year in Egypt in high school, got her degree from MIT. Married her college sweetheart and they have 2 girls. I ache to visit them; they live in Salem, Mass. Soon.....

No comments: