Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Midweek

The usual going on, but wanted to stop in.

It's a learning week here, a week of creating habits. I'm eating healthier and exercising, and listening to my body. My right shoulder doesn't appreciate the new exercises I've been trying, probably in part because I work a mouse everyday too (and have very minor residual nerve damage from shingles up yonder), so I'm modifying those particular exercises until that part of my bod gets used to the new activities.

I also took yesterday off from exercising, and I'm so glad I did! I didn't hit a wall, so to speak, but I recognized that my body needed a break. Can tell even going back to walking today is going to be a little hard, one of those workouts that you slog through a bit, but I'm undaunted, because I've been feeling so much better.

Allergies kicking up because the local farmers just ran their second cutting of hay. Going back and forth with Sabadil and Advil Allergy.

We killed the chicken pot pie last night. Tonight will be BLTs with farm-fresh lettuce, homemade sourdough bread, and tomatoes from our own plants. Can't wait!

This last week of August is dragging its arse a bit, with highs in the 80s and more humidity. Hoping it drops just a bit for the apple festival this weekend.

Image from here.

No comments: