Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Random Thoughts

I get my political news from The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

I get my Hollywood gossip from Chelsea Lately.

Pretty sure no one can accuse me of taking life too seriously.

*****

Work is much more interesting after 1 or 2 beers.

Sure hope my quality doesn't decrease. I've found that's an important factor in editing.

*****

Rainy weather in Florida today, could tell by the bitching and whining from my coworkers on FB.

Partly sunny and 40s here.

That evil laughter you hear is me.

*****

How come Chelsea Handler's sarcasm gets her a $25 million contract and a house in Bel Air, and all it gets me is an inability to succeed in business?

Eh, why dwell? I'm happier where I am right now.

Still, nice to know there's others out there like me...bitingly sarcastic, that is, not suffering through $25 million contracts and homes in Bel Air.

And I don't wanna live there anyway, 10-to-1 they don't allow chickens in the backyard.

*****

I occasionally enjoy fantasy sequences in my day-to-day life. I know Ally McBeal had these first, but I blame the TV show Scrubs for making it seem so normal.

*****

I want to do naughty things to Josh Groban. However, if he marries my sister (which is still a goal inside my head), I'll curb my lust.

*****

Still not sure what Twitter is useful for, but I do enjoy stalking my fave Hollywood stars with it.

*****

If the only first-run TV I watch is The Following on Monday, NCIS on Tuesday, The Americans on Wednesday, and Vikings on Sunday, why the frick am I in front of the box so much?

*****

If I've always been a brunette, how come so much of my personality is SIGNIFICANTLY blonde?

*****

I love my cat, but I'd love her more if she wasn't a total shithead.

*****

I totally enjoy the TV show Two and a Half Men, the Charlie Sheen eps. I'm pretty sure that means that I need to turn in my feminist card, and that everyone else on the planet needs to calm the fuck down about the messages that are sent on TV shows.

*****

That said, I still think Fairly Oddparents is the spawn of Satan's children and should be off the air yesterday. Hypocrite, thy name is Melanie.

*****

I really need to buy Mah Jong tiles and unearth one of our 500 decks of cards. The number of nights that I get off the laptop and then go immediately to the Kindle so I can wind down with Solitaire and Mah Jong is ridiculous.

*****

I love that Whole Foods is looking at the GMO thing realistically, with a deadline of like, 2018. It only makes sense. I've been thinking of purging the ConAgra foods from the house, but I'm pretty sure that would leave us with lettuce and milk. Sonsabitches.

*****

There's a Girl Scout office 5 minutes from the house. I'm pretty sure there will be cookies purchased this week.

*****

I freakin' love freelancing. I know I shouldn't blame a city for squelching my creativity, but I don't have any other explanation for why I'm succeeding up here and couldn't get diddley started down there.


No comments: