Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday

So anyway.....

Weird week, sites been dripping in, so I'm stuck running errands during day and working at night, which I'm hoping not to have to get used to...

Turned over new leaf where food intake is concerned. Started juicing again. Decreasing sugar, rampant crap grazing, and other bad habits. So far so good.

Cleaned out my Yahoo email this morning, which resulted in a hilariously long, but informative post over at Dark Meadow.

Been too busy to knit much this week, but Hub's hat is 2/3rds done.

Hit French Broad Co-Op and Greenlife Grocery yesterday. Need to make an actual list of foods I like to buy at those places, because their locations barely make them worth the effort. French Broad is downtown (though I'm thinking I want to join anyway, because if you can't afford $25 a year to support something that awesome, it's time to re-evaluate where your money's being spent), and Greenlife basically is downtown too, plus getting in and out of that place and parking there requires epic patience and a shot of some adult beverage beforehand...it's also a fool's errand to go anywhere near the place around lunchtime, because their massive deli area and cafĂ© seating bring every downtown tofu eater to the place...

Catching my interest...
  • Empowered Sustenance - I'm not crazy enough to go grain-free, but I love finding sites like this, so I can take what I need from them and leave the rest. It's also why I enjoy Homestead Revival so much, in spite of the heavy Christian theme.
     
  • Madesmith - oh. my! What a lovely concept!
K, gotta go be productive. Happy Friday, y'all!

Image from here.

No comments: