Friday, July 20, 2012

Taking Stock


Bit of an odd week. Getting up an hour earlier is no sweat, but there's still a rhythm to the day that I haven't quite attained yet. I'm exhausted by the end of the day, which I can blame on not eating right and overexerting the 2 times I've exercised this week, but still...it's annoying. Add to that, that I volunteered to move my desk to a remodeled conference room at work. No biggie...I jumped at the chance, and I'm glad I did because I had way too much crap in my old desk anyway, so it was a great opportunity to purge, but still...

Heh...2nd "but still"...must be feeling whiny....while I'm at it, my knees are bitchy this week too.

I think I'm going to find myself job hunting up there by like, mid-August...just for sanity's sake. This treading water thing is killing me...the whole, can't look now cuz what if I get a nibble, we can't move early BS...feels a little like fear doing the dictating.

Outside: summer in Florida...almost mild for us...not much above 90 because rain threatens and then barely falls. We won't discuss the irony of having a mild summer while our corn crops go to shit in the midwest thanks to the droughts.

Inside: 3 new coworkers in the remodeled conference room with me...one's fine, one's standoffish, and one's a complainer...it's an interesting mix. I'm the den mother, answering their questions with more social aplomb than I actually possess.

Wearing: slacks today...Fridays are usually jeans days in Melanie's world, but I ate too much yesterday and knew they'd be uncomfortable.

Creating: ..... yea, i got nothin'...

Reading: a little Kathy Reichs, a little Ashley English...

Going: nowhere! Was lovely visiting with C last weekend, but man, I covet those weekend days! The dining room needs attention, and I have to spend time cooking this weekend too. So frickin' tired of eating out because I didn't prep well enough on the weekend...

Hoping...
Too many things!

Image from here.


No comments: