Thursday, June 07, 2012

Taking Stock



Seriously, how is it Thursday already?

I'm working OT, but not that much. It shouldn't shred me the way it does, render me mute and incompetent at the end of the day. I'm editing websites, for gosh sakes; ain't exactly brain surgery. I get home and my brain is weary. I watch a little tube, try to read, and fall in the sack by 11. I haven't picked up yarn in 3 months.

I'm trying for another promotion. I expect almost nothing. I'm calling it "applying for rejection" to those close to me. I know I'm not the ideal candidate for the boss who makes the decisions, but I am ideal. It's not really possible to find someone else in-house who's as knowledgeable about the position as I am. So we wait and see.......

Outside: Summer has arrived here in Florida. The daily rains are a blessing that start in the afternoon and stretch into the evening. We fall asleep to the gentle rumbling of thunder and the wonderful rushing sound of rain. It's flooding in spots, and the locals start to bitch, and those of us who listen to the earth give thanks.

Inside: people getting chatty...time to put on iPod...

Wearing: the most comfortable pants on the planet.

Creating: sigh...

Reading: The Spectrum and The Dragon Reborn

Going: 1 week til SC/NC! I HATE leaving the cat.....may still bring her with us and just deal with the consequences...

Hoping...
Caught myself thinking like a farmer yesterday. I'm driving home on I-95 in a serious, 40mph-with-the-hazards-on downpour, and my thoughts are wandering, and I think about how this Florida rain is great for the aquifers, but must be hell for the gardeners...how if I had a regular garden, I'd be worrying about flooding, and if I had raised beds, I'd be worrying about the plants sinking and drowning...what's the remedy, portable hoops? These thoughts made me happy, because I'm still at the point in my life where I can read and learn about these things before they happen, rather than trial by fire (or deluge, as the case may be). 

I hate how the OT fries my brain, and I'm determined to get a handle on it. I wanted to send Jenna a Congratulations card, but time ran out on me, so I'm settling for an email and donation. Her bravery blows my mind. I pray I can turn my work ethic into something similar someday. I know I have it in me, just gotta narrow down my focus to what makes me happiest and how I can use that happiness to my advantage in life.

Image from here.

No comments: