Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Taking Stock


Random kitty stalking shot.

Outside: started smoky, now mild...high winds flared up the swamp fire, which has apparently been smoldering for the last 4 months...makes me angry if it wasn't caused by lightening in the first place, but I'm also in awe of the staying power of the element. It's a witch thing.

Inside: I'm home. It's dark. There are cartoons on in the background. Sigh...

Wearing: awesome big green shirt, pink paisley capris, brown flats

Reading: The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. Both excellent.

Creating: haven't been doing much...Cozy is at the top of the pile.

Going: Pagan Pride on Saturday.

Hoping...
It's a damn good week so far. Vegetarian choices for the most part, and some kind of exercise everyday. My energy level is still really rockin', and there's this great strength...I'm able to look at food at the grocery store and make the right choices. Last night I was thinking of being lazy and grabbing a Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna and I couldn't make it past the picture on the box...just knew it was too much cheese and additives/preservatives, and veggies with no nutritional value left. Instead I hit the produce section, bought enough for at least 3 meals, and spent less money. Tonight my wandering gave me Friday night's meal...Chung's makes vegetable dumplings and spring rolls. Frozen food and certainly processed, but a damn sight better than caving to a Zaxby's urge just because there will be money in the account on payday...tonight I'm indulging in white potatoes, which tells me the monthly time is around the corner.

No comments: