Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thoughts on a Sunday

I think my efforts today may not extend much past taking the recycling to the center and turning a frozen dish into soup. I also think I'm OK with that. I have some things to wash out by hand and some reading to do.

I heard a friend sing last night. Her voice, accompanied by her guitar and that of a friend, travels straight into my heart chakra and gives me this feeling of peace. I fall into it, a place of contentment.

We also drummed and chanted a bit, sitting around a fire laid outdoors. It threw off the occasional spark and kept the mosquitoes at bay. There was hula hooping and fire spinning. People danced sinuously around the fire as the spirit moved them, and we sang songs about the elements. I'd forgotten how these activities spoke to my soul.

I was asked, more than once, how I feel about staying. These are people who believe that things happen for a reason, that there are things in life beyond our control. As a recovering control freak, I fight this viewpoint. But I also admit to that relief, that recognition that right now, little can be done to better my situation in the short-term. It takes my dreams out of the clouds and brings them down to eye level.

I'm grateful for this clarity. Just thinking about it stirs my motivation, which was pretty dormant today until the coffee kicked in. I'm going to putter, and then create my budget sheets for the rest of the year. Have a great Sunday, y'all!

No comments: