Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taking Stock


I'm actually making myself post, which is funny when you consider the 6½ people who read this blog ain't exactly on tenterhooks waiting for my next illumination. But usually I don't need a reason to post, I just talk. Not so today. My brain is somewhere between me and not today, and if I'm not careful, I will slip back into the lost place where I was last week, which I don't really want, in spite of the OT crowding in on my free time. I want the OT, but I don't want to lose me in the process, so I need to be a bit more attentive. And this whole paragraph probably ain't supposed to make sense to outside readers. Just have too much going on inside my head...working extra tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday; helping Mom pack up her place; wishing the move was past already while simultaneously not wanting her to leave; worrying about the time that is slipping away from us (Les and I) while we (read: I, because I take on the whole silly thing in my head) don't do enough to plan for our own move.....really need to turn off that part of my brain until April 25th.

Click!

Outside: I live in a tropical paradise. It would be bad form to whine. Actually, I am embracing it and trying to get outside just a pinch more (she said begrudgingly, lest anyone get the idea she likes it here). Gotta start wearing sunscreen, I'm going to get that driver's tan on my left arm. Plus my Irish skin practically stings from the first hard rays of a Florida spring...and don't get me started about the sunspots on my face.

Inside: One of the irritants of my work environment is moving to another department. Relief. Now to shut up his coworker...

Wearing: Loose clothes, stretchy pants and new pink top, because my jeans weren't dry yet and the washer ruined my old pair, so I'm down to one again (thank the gods for OT $$$)...

Reading: Better Off (a real thinker)...and I should get Jenna's books today or tomorrow! C'mon, UPS man!

Creating: Nada...but gods bless establishments giving out coupons nowadays to reel you in...Lowe's just sent a $10 gift card, which may go toward my much-needed greenhouse rack for the porch this weekend, if I'm possibly able to give any time to ME, that is...

Going: Work, Mom's, repeat...

Hoping: see paragraph #1.

Image from here.

No comments: