Saturday, April 02, 2011

Taking Stock


Dang. It wasn't even a week, but it kicked my arse. I took Monday off to decompress from the SC weekend, but since they've been offering unlimited OT at my work, I wanted to make up that day, because the only way you earn OT is by working 40 regular hours first. That meant 10-hour days all week. I haven't been to the Y in about 2 weeks, and my diet is for shit. I'm feeling the difference and will hit the Y tomorrow morning before heading over to Mom's.

All I could do was plow forward. Is it because I'm older? The brainpan missing the lithium when I strain like that? All I know is I would get home at the end of the day and want to crawl into the sack. I did center in the evenings a bit by knitting on Cozy, but the rest of the time it was a brown stare in front of the tube and early to bed. And the question becomes, would it have been any different if we hadn't gone to SC, if I had had the weekend to prep food (lunches and dinners for the week) and myself better for the busyness? And I know the answer, and it pisses me off, because I have it in me to be that person and all too often, I sell myself way short instead.

Tomorrow I'll hit the Y, then head to Mom's after a shower, so we can look at her place and do some assessing...she moves to Charlotte in 23 days (the lucky little...ehem...). Her place is small and will be fairly easy to pack, but she's so ready she'd walk up there if she could leave early...I can relate. April means we're 6 months out from our own move, and I need to start some planning. But not today...today I'm just getting my head back on straight. Then tomorrow evening, dinner with Mom, Lil Bro, the wife, and the nephew...will be great to see the blond stringbean again, and I'm looking forward to picking Lil Bro's brain about muscle confusion exercising.

Outside: pleasant, getting stupid warm again tho'...

Inside: meh...cool, dark, fairly unlivable...

Wearing: PJs cuz I'm lazy...

Reading: Farmer Jane and Peanuts mainly...

Creating: Cozy! Something about having to do 8 rows at a time gives me focus...

Going: see last paragraph...

Hoping: I can get a pinch more OT next week and get clearer in my head. I'll start meditation and yoga again this week, and get to the Y at least 3 times. It's a necessity. I miss it.

Image from here.

No comments: