Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mental Pinball


I've started wearing my buddhist mala beads on my left wrist again, as an attempt to remind myself to live in the present. Ain't working so well today. The morning is crawling, and my brain is a jumping bean. Japan and Alli linger in the back of my thoughts; NC sneaks into the front, and my current life in FL gets shoved aside in favor of dreams.

The weather's annoying...45 at night, 81 by midday. Just about starting to sweat weather...at least we can still open up at night. Not looking forward to the summer electric bills...

The weekend was exhausting. Went to the Y on Saturday morning, and am very glad I did, because Alli's memorial was that afternoon, and my brain shut down afterward. Sunday was a sleep catch-up day, which felt good, resulted in some pampering, but didn't do me any good that night; because it took me forever to get to sleep and I had to be up by 6 a.m. Monday morning to take Mom to a procedure (all's well). So my butt dragged the rest of the day, I drank too much coffee, and was in the sack by 10 last night. Feeling quite a bit more normal today, but still shaking off a bit of something existential...

Lil Sis has spent the last 3 days in a rather idyllic setting in Asheville, buried in work while surrounded by soul-touching beauty. My brain's up there with her a bit, enjoying a walk off the beaten path...

The local Y is in the middle of a Strong Kids campaign, designed to get kids exercising. Love the concept, but it's such a drop in the bucket. Witnessed a little girl, about 9ish, trying out the treadmill for the first time while Mom worked out nearby, only to then step down and drink heartily from a 24 oz. Powerade. Does Mom wonder why her little girl still has baby fat?

After 2½ weeks of switching out purses and wallets in a quest for something springy, I've gone back to the purse I used all winter, because it just rocks what I need better than anything else in my collection right now. The female is one seriously fickle species.

I think the caffeine consumption needs to continue today.

I'm finding I need 2 days between weight lifting workouts. Makes sense, but I should be doing yoga or something in between too, and haven't been as diligent with that. Hoping this week brings better concentration...

Image from here.

No comments: