Monday, March 28, 2011

3 Days


3 solid days without plugging in...well, that's not entirely a pure statement, there was plenty of TV on. The damn thing needs to be on whenever the niece is awake. But it's hard to count Wonder Pets and Dino Dan as plugging in when you're an adult. And I never went on the computer.

My inlaws upgraded to something other than dial-up awhile back, so I could've gone on rather easily. The computer is in the master bedroom, but that's an area that gets some traffic, and they wouldn't have minded one bit if I'd asked to go on. I simply had no need to while I was there.

I finished Farm City and started Hay Fever. Knit 8 rows on Cozy. It was rainy while we were there, but I got some fresh air. I played with the niece as much as I could tolerate (her parents let her stay up til 10 p.m......she's 4. Beautiful kid, but by the end of the day, you're exhausted) and we just visited. Husby's Lil Sis came on Sunday and we hung out a bit. I listened to Grandma; she goes on these tangents about the past, but she's still seriously sharp at 90. There were no huge blow-ups, but I did have to step outside once to rein in my tongue.

I abandoned any thoughts of going to work today and crashed after unpacking. Glad I did, feels like I'm still catching up, even though I sleep well while I'm up there...they have leather couches on Grandma's floor that are great for sleeping. But there's nothin' like your own bed. Tonight will be quiet, filled with reading, primping, and getting in work mode in my head. I'll make lunch tonight for tomorrow. Could've been worse, could've been better, glad to be home. Where the hell's our pizza?

Image from here.

No comments: