Saturday, October 02, 2010

Deep in my head

Saturday. October. The temperatures are s..l..o..w..l..y..calming down here, but I've been so achy in my soul over the heat of September, I can't appreciate the promise of cooler weather until I step outside and feel it.

I turned down an opportunity yesterday. Spent the day loathing how this would make me look. Like a coward and a flake. I'm sure it's not that bad, but it does punctuate how the business world doesn't tolerate indecision. I know in my bones I made the right decision, both for myself and my team. So why do I still feel crappy about it?

It has me thinking about how I need to tweak my expertise, what I want to be looking for in a job next year in Charlotte, what will make me happy and keep me sane, while also feeding and sheltering us.

My knee went out of joint again last night. Interestingly, instead of not being able to extend my leg all the way, this time it was the reverse...I could extend it, but couldn't fold it all the way in. Makes me wonder if I have more than one issue. The good news is I iced it and got it reset, and it's not sore or swollen today. Still, I'm on the fence about my workout today...I was going to do weights, but may swim instead.

Gotta go clean...thanks for listening :)

No comments: