Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Taking Stock


She may be long, but she's got character :)

Outside: 2 days of overcast and rain...temps aren't low enough to blow my skirt up yet...

Inside: iCarly in the background (no, we don't have tweens, why do you ask?), white noise in the back-background...oven clicking...

Wearing: today was a fashion FAIL...had to do biz casual for work, but should've worn highwaters...wore slacks and realized while heading out the door that I looked like a grandma and didn't have time to go back and change : ( Will be SO glad when this exercise thing actually lets me drop a couple of sizes...I'm probably already there, but don't want to invest in anything until the weight's actually dropping too...

Creating: Autumn soup from Hannah's Harvest recipe

Reading: The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle (good book!), and about a dozen books about management skills

Going:  to the Y every other day faithfully, and sneaking yoga in on the off days : )

Hoping: hopinghopinghoping...for what, I'm not sure. I have one interview scheduled and I'm hoping for another, but if they lead nowhere, I'll be happy with that too. That said, I felt a terrific energy today showing some potential work partners how QC rolls, and the material I grabbed at the library is reminding me how very much attitude plays a role in work...

The weekend will be spent studying, and creating questions and answers...with some baking and Where the Wild Things Are thrown in for sanity.

No comments: