Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thinkingthinkingthinking...

I'm restless this week (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm always restless), but this time it has me pondering things I wish were different in my life and how I can go about turning them from wishes into realities. Things as simple as making more food from scratch or turning the dining room area into a workstation I can actually use without it cluttering to high heaven every week. Stuff like that would settle my addled brain, just requires a little thought and elbow grease.

Found Ashley English's Homemade Living books at our local library, digging into Keeping Chickens this week. I'm already excited, and I'm probably what, a good 2½ to 3 years from having my own birds. Heh, probably more like 4 to 5 years, if we are able to have a child...I have to remind myself that until things improve a bit with Les, I'll always be working with a bit of a handicap where the big dreams are concerned, that of only making X amount of money to fuel said dreams. It's hard, being patient, reading about what you want when you've paid the bills and will now be ignoring the account for the next 2 weeks because there ain't anything there for frivolity, much less extravagances, like new belts for the car or a frappuccino. But so what, I say...doesn't mean those dreams can't happen. Gonna keep butting my head against that dream ceiling until I break through...

No comments: