Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thinking, thinking, thinking...

Didn't get the marketing job : (

If I'm frustrated and unhappy, why am I still working for this company? There comes a point when you realize that stability isn't all it's cracked up to be. Certainly it would make the most sense for me to stick with them...we're still talking about kids, we're stuck here til next frickin' October...but this week I'm indulging in a self-assessment. Nothing may come out of it, except a clearer picture of our near future, but it needs to happen. I'm tired of self-imposed misery.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your post reminds me of a daily meditation I did once. My spiritual teacher wanted me to explore the qualities of the elements and so I had to do daily meditations for 30 days in a row using only the meditation for a single element. (Example: Fire meditation everyday for 30 days. Then change element.) I journaled about the feelings I had and changes I went through during each period. I thought that earth would be the easiest and at first it was. I felt grounded, self-confident, stable... all the positives of earth that I know and love. About 2 weeks in though I entered into one of the worst depressions I have ever experienced. I felt trapped, unable to do anything, tired, powerless. It was an eye opener.