Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday...aka life goes on...




Graphic snitched from msnbc.com, just cuz...
Back at work. Wish I could use this day to prep for my interview tomorrow, but whatever I can squeeze in tonight will have to suffice. It's just a lousy week before now to try and concentrate on like, anything. It's why I took yesterday off...not even really to honor Dad's memory. Didn't even make it out to nature like I wanted...we were low on gas, I had to shoe shop for the interview, I didn't get my coffee and was ornery until approximately 6 p.m....so it was an average day. But I knew I wouldn't have been able to concentrate at work and with my pay so heavily gauged according to my production, it was in my best interest to steer clear of like, responsibility stuff.

We did pop over to Mom's and hang out for dinner...even saw Cyril, which was nice. Poor guy works 2, sometimes 3 jobs, so I rarely call him...don't want to catch him in a shift. But he seems OK, and we were able to catch up a bit. Mom's dog is just friggin' hilarious (and hilarious-looking...received a really short haircut recently, so she doesn't look like your average Morkie right now...more like a hairier version of a jack russell).

Managed to strain my left knee yesterday, wearing the wrong shoes to go shoe shopping...totally for a chick reason...when you know you're going dress shoe shopping, you wear shoes that slip on and off easily, so you're not dealing with socks, laces, whathaveyou, while you're shopping. Makes sense, right? Well, not when you're flat footed and large, apparently, because my knee feels like all the cartilege left the building last night and the ache radiates up into my hip. Can't wait to wear my new heels tomorrow if this doesn't resolve itself (sarcasm); never mind that I'm wanting to stick with walking, since it's dangerously close to being like, a habit (I know! crazy talk!). Patience....and placing the idea in my head now to hit the complex's stationary bikes tonight instead of walking. My emotional state has made working out a tad sporadic this week, but I'm determined to keep with it...between that and less snacking, I'm already feeling the difference in my bod...I always slim down in my high waist first (above belly, below boobs), and it's deliciously motivating, that feeling.
P.S. I was at an economic conference in India in my dreams last night, and I couldn't find my glasses...what the frick does that mean?
P.S.S. Pretty sure the new eggs on the porch have been abandoned :( oh well.
P.S.S.S. Knee still hurts and I think I should be allowed to go home now to prep for interview.

1 comment:

Emily on the Southern Prairie said...

What an adorable picture. Thanks for posting, even if it's from msnbc.
Hope the knee heals up! (Or should I say 'heels' up -- since that is often the source of the problem, no?)