Friday, May 21, 2010

Seriously?!

I know it's probably immature at my age to rave and slobber about a TV show...but I am a bit of a connoisseur of the modern television drama and comedy. Les is all about documentaries and cartoons (heh, now there's a spectrum), but I enjoy stories. I watch NCIS, House, Bones, and Law & Order and SVU pretty religiously, and supplement with Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, a little William Peterson CSI, 2½ Men, and some others. It's a nice escape.

Got back into Grey's this season, because while I love Laurence Fishburne, I can't get into him on CSI...but Grey's isn't a show I have to watch, if there's something better on or I can't seem to turn my brain away from the computer, for example. Some of those shows (like Private Practice or Brothers and Sisters), I have to be in the mood for the suds. So I missed the ep where Derek, Lexie, and the Chief got blamed for pulling the plug on Clark's beloved wife, and that's a pinch confusing, since I've been there, and it's certainly not a decision that normally is made without soul searching and then consent. Just mentioning it brings me back into a hospital conference room, all of us listening to the docs and convincing Cyril, so that Mom can sign the papers. It was a blast, lemme tellya...so for Clark's grief to go so horribly awry, I can only guess that he had a mental weakness to begin with, that caved in when faced with the hardest pain a human can endure.

So, all that said, holy crap, what an episode! The season finale of Grey's was quite possibly the most suspenseful and wrenching TV I've seen in ages. Amazingly well-written and well-acted, and made me care about characters whose names I haven't been bothered to learn this season, because they were droll or seemed like intrusions, because they added folks to shake things up this year. It was edge-of-your-seat-crying-like-a-baby TV. I'm keeping this spoiler-free for now, because my sis is buried in work (hasn't watched it yet), but may read this blog...but I was just blown away by this finale. I think it's the best yet, they knocked it out of the park last night, and this is a series that gave us Denny's death first season and George becoming street pizza last season.

Meanwhile, back in reality...

I'm pretty sure we're putting off visiting Husby's folks next weekend. We just can't afford it, even with Grandma offering to toss us gas money...it's a rent check weekend, and we're living so thin already. It's also so damn tense up there, it's hard to get jazzed about a visit; but we haven't been since Christmas, so money or no money, we'll need to get up there soon.

The weekend stretches before me, and my wheels are turning. There are events occurring within my family that are assisting in jump starting the ole motivation. I need to make up some work time first thing in the morning Saturday though, so I'm thinking of letting my projects evolve organically this weekend, rather than making my usual big plans and then wallowing when they don't get accomplished. Also need to figure out how to write a press release...got my writing assignment from marketing.

No comments: