Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Achy Wednesday


Snitched from msnbc.com's Animal Tracks...so tired of not having pics on this blog.
Been trying for alliteration in my titles lately, but couldn't find a W word for achy...

I feel fantastic, I can't wait to work out again tonight, however my legs aren't exactly speaking to me right now. Last night I started out on the upright stationary bike, and quickly realized that a) those suckers can be uncomfortable, and b) my knees were NOT enjoying themselves. I thought it would be a better workout for the old knees, but something wasn't right (yes, I was high enough seat-wise...I think it was the constant movement). So after only a mile and a half, I hopped off and switched to the treadmill. Something weird was going on there too though, felt like my lower body was doing all the work, and my heart rate wasn't doing a beneficial climb. So I increased my speed...and reached a point where I was jogging a little because it was easier than keeping up with that speed in a walking stride. That felt really good, and I only did a mile, so my knees aren't hurting bad, but they are a little pissed at me.

They're just going to have to deal, because I'm walking tonight too...and working my arms.

My brain wasn't set in TV mode last night...suppose that's a good thing, but I don't appreciate it when there are season finales on. Had trouble following NCIS, and Glee was meh-ho-hum to me, with the exception of Mike O'Malley's reaming of Finn (seriously, someone explain to me why O'Malley's spent his career up until now playing blue-collar dipshits?)...really excellent writing there. I'm actually glad there's less tube to watch. Also weaning away from so much after-work computer time, and I think I'm finally itching to get my hands around wool and sticks again. Lord knows I'll need the distraction this weekend...I'm pretty sure we're going up to SC to visit Husby's fam. I love going up there, but his folks' home is a pressure cooker with a crappy release valve.

No comments: