Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend...nice...












These are kind of backwards...would've been better to put the two dogs at the end...they look like they're pooped from playing with each other. Also, out of respect for my godparents' artistic talents, I'm keeping most of this weekend's pics off the blog. Their place is inspiring...so much creativity, such neat perspectives, beautiful forms of artwork. Uncle Tom was a sculptor who built dental products as a career; Aunt Denyse was a graphic designer and book illustrator, antique collector, and has quite the green thumb...her backyard was amazing! They retired fairly recently and are enjoying the pokey life. Very fun, neat people...and thankfully, I didn't ache from Tom reminding me of Dad...Tom's much less uptight and carries himself differently, whereas my dad was a guitar's high E string.



Really nice weekend filled with laughter, relaxation, and good food. We didn't go into the weekend with plans, just let them evolve naturally. When I went to visit a friend whom I hadn't seen in a decade, the rest of them went for a wander in the car. On Sunday we went to Dunedin with the intent of just wandering in shops, and instead came upon a HUGE crafts festival, so we wandered there. The dogs got along fine (my mom's micro dog and their fairly impressive Golden Retriever), and we worked around the cat's distaste for our little yipper. Lots of fresh air, nice weather, and I had never seen their Clearwater home, so I took a pile of pictures that I look forward to drawing inspiration and good memories from.



Back to reality. Chilling tonight, and I'm sure the brain will turn back on at work tomorrow with plans for starting intent letters to companies in Charlotte :)

No comments: