Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing much going on...

Dog days...step outside into the wall of heat...breezier than normal this year, but still...

Work...our president stepped down to go be brilliant somewhere else...shouldn't cause a ripple here, but worth keeping the radar up...

Hormone hostage...I really should take something more than Advil for the hormonal issues that accompany the monthly fun. I'm guessing things are a bit heightened by the PCOS. My body was one solid ache from the waist down yesterday, and today people could still use my skin to sharpen blunt objects. And I want to go on the Clomid again...must be loopy. Discussing it with Husby tonight. Meantime, don't piss me off...I'm wound a bit tight.

Pondering cloth pads...I know I have some flannel in my stash...may take it out and sketch patterns tonight, just for grins. My first day has begun to feel like the scene where Johnny Depp dies in Nightmare on Elm Street 1, and I'm very tired of the leaks that ensue. I know, more than you wanted to read...but I'm pretty sure the material that "keeps you dry" on your basic store-bought sanitary napkin is the crux of my problem, so I'm investigating other options. Never mind what they do to the environment...figures that I get eco-friendly 20 years after the fact. Oh, excuse me, 25 years after the fact...gonna go blow my brains out now. Ah well...still hoping to do cloth diapers someday...

Actually, getting more optimistic where the ole birthday is concerned. Happened upon a bio at the library that I'm slowly getting into: Dara Torres' Age Is Just a Number. Been saying that to myself in the mirror in the mornings...it's surprisingly helpful.

No comments: