Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday musings

I'm restless and angry and tired this week, which makes me grateful for the Chamblin's run we did this past weekend, as it gave me a bunch of new (to me) Kathy Reichs books to lose myself in at night and at lunchtime. I'm someone who can read stuff over and over without getting bored, plus there are enough volumes out now on the adventures of Temperance Brennan to keep it interesting no matter which one you pick up. She's a pip, and the forensic end of it is interesting as hell to me...

The new incentive plan was revealed at work; it'll go into effect in 2 pay periods. Yippee. Once again, they've set the bar a pinch too high. Not impossible, just enough to make you work so hard you feel like your brain has turned to oatmeal and begun leaking out your ears by the end of the day, as you stumble bleary-eyed toward your car. But I press on, because in this economy it's the only choice. And I'm recognizing that I need to train myself in certain areas, before I can demand more than what I make now at another employer. Still, living with the frustration in the meantime, not so fun...wearing jeans more during the week now helps, but it also punctuates the feeling/knowledge that I've stopped giving a damn. Which is fine, I mean, everybody's a little jaded around here, just gotta keep that from bleeding over when communicating with a higher-up.

Also inquired about the QC supervisor position again, because it was listed on the incentive sheet...and got the same song and dance about not for the near future. Also caught a vibe that reinforced my position that they're fine with the position itself, just not with any of the candidates who've voiced interest. Not that I'm paranoid or anything /:)

Coworker voiced it well this morning as we were hitting buttons for our respective floors on the elevator..."Which one of those buttons will take us to Friday?"

No comments: