Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rain

I dig it. My Lil Sis and I were conversing about this recently, she doesn't like to get wet. Me, I kind of love it. And these days, it can only improve my hairstyle. Summer's a crappy time for me to be growing out the mane...with my thickness in this humidity, I'm enjoying serious Hermione hair lately. It's a Harry Potter reference...work with me here, people!

We've got a nice thunderboomer passing through this afternoon, and for some reason it reminded me of childhood. We moved to Warren (CT) in the early '80s, and cable TV hadn't hit the backwoods yet. Even when it did, of course, it was nothing like the surplus of garbage we have now, but I digress...so if a storm was coming and we were short on entertainment, we'd kill the lights in the main part of the house and watch it come up from Danbury in our living room. The house on Above All was this great Cape Cod-style with a big-ass, solid (not sectioned) bay window facing south in the living room. Dad got a kick out of weather, and that house's location gave us plenty. We had a wind meter on the roof, one of those things with the cups, that measured velocity, until the weather finally blew the sucker off :)

No comments: