Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wound a little tight

Whew...was kind of thinking that last entry would provoke response, and when I write about stuff like that, I'm just blowing off steam, not trying to incite debate...yes, I'm a big ole coward.

So I applied for my job officially on Tuesday. Received word from HR the same day that I was scheduled for an interview on Thursday. Apparently this was done in error...supervisory candidates are actually interviewed by a panel of folks (oh goody! Interview by firing squad!), and this wasn't addressed prior to scheduling me. They couldn't have told me this yesterday? No, of course not, so I heft myself to work today in the rain, in a skirt, after having to buy pantyhose on the way because the 2 pairs I had self-destructed naturally, only to discover 10 minutes before my interview, that it's being rescheduled. I say again, they couldn't have told me this yesterday? They obviously have no concept of the effort that goes into a) finding a responsible-looking outfit in a wardrobe of relaxed business casual, b) getting a fat tomboy into pantyhose, and c) getting said tomboy's head screwed on straight enough to interview for anything, when she's off ALL her meds because she thinks she might be pregnant...

Yeah, I'm wound a little tight today...gonna go eat my feelings and try to chill. With any luck, they won't reschedule the blasted thing until I'm sure I'm pregnant, and I'll be too over the moon to be worried about such trifles...

No comments: