Monday, October 06, 2008

No title

Simply couldn't think of anything...my brain's still oatmeal.

Mom's completely moved into her new place, but she had a back procedure done last week (which isn't taking AGAIN), which has her unpacking slower than norm. Meara will flip when she comes to visit this weekend; she'll have the rest of those boxes unpacked before she sits down to talk Friday night :) Kid's got some neatness issues...

I got that new position at work, which means no more time to dick around on the Web during work hours. Blessing and a curse. Job security on the one hand, way behind on all my personal junk on the other. Definitely worth it though; can't stand what the economy's going through right now, and getting this new role will keep my wanderlust firmly in check - so I can focus on our next moving goals a year plus from now...

Got plenty of rest this weekend, and let myself grieve a little more for Dad...it was like my brain could finally take a step back from the overwhelming work of the past month, and take in why all that work had to occur. Didn't help that I was watching "Winter Passing"...indie flick from a couple of years back, about dealing with death. Anyway, still feeling a little rumpled up spirit-wise, but rallying...

October's my absolute favorite time of year, and I'm determined to make this a good month.

No comments: