Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rut...fog...Skittles...

There's something about the ebb and flow of a work week. If I haven't planned properly for the basics, the little things like packing lunches and actual dinners, the week goes to heck fast...and with me only being on half my Paxil and no Lithium, it's a crap shoot as to how well I handle the ebb and flow anyway. So with little dough to start the week and even less viable meal ideas in the ole cabinets and fridge, we're fading fast. I'm going to make a list this afternoon for essentials and get back on track. In just one week, I got really used to having things handy and eating decent, healthy meals and without that, I'm at loose ends and back to my crappy habits. Hence the Skittles reference, and the presence of soda twice in my diet in the last 2 days. I didn't really miss it when it wasn't part of the daily regimen, so what propels me toward the carbonated sugar water when I'm slacking? Worth a ponder...

Been trolling the foodie blogs again, getting some neat recipe ideas...worked the baby cardigan again last night and was forced to use my own ingenuity a bit...the pattern got confusing about halfway in, so for the heck of it, I jumped onto the website for the magazine to see if there was any errata associated with that particular pattern...and naturally found errata for about 12 rows before where I was...ACK! So I'm bagging the idea of buttonholes for now and concentrating on getting the body, in its three parts, up to the size it's supposed to be, because the pattern left out a frickin' 15-row repeat...and while I'm sure baby shrugs may be all the rage, I'd rather have something a bit larger. Can always add snaps down the line...when I get around to affording a snap press, that is...another one for the wish list...

No comments: