Thursday, June 12, 2008

More about baby steps

So I commented briefly yesterday about how easy it would be to bring a dishtowel into work and keep it in my desk, for rinsing out coffee mugs and the like. Went to the john later and thought about how of course, the idea should carry over to hand washing too, as we have paper towel dispensers at work instead of air blowers. But here's where we hit the social snag...the dishtowel is one thing, but a handtowel quite another. I have just enough insecurity where if I were to bring something to work for drying my hands, I'd make it a washcloth, because it's smaller and people may not look at me funny. I know, who gives a crap what other people think...but since your average person thinks nothing of using paper towels to dry hands still, it seems like a negligible expense...never mind that those paper towels go right into the trash and the landfill, not the recycling bin. My gosh, the waste...

Going to try to steer clear of the vending machines today...definitely need to do some baking this weekend though, try my hand at more cookies and maybe some crackers, so that we have decent snacks around for lunches....this newfound interest in food purity is producing some strange behavior...just enjoyed a greenleaf salad with Paul Newman's dressing instead of running to the vending machines...man, it was tasty! Quite unMelanielike...

The humid conditions of late are working wonders on the tomatoes, they sprouted like 3/4 of an inch just yesterday! Going to need to thin them once they get going a bit, but I'm so jazzed to see the first bits of green for my efforts. Just one of the herbs poking so far, but my reading said that some of those take longer to germinate...

No comments: