Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Craving spinach and strawberries

We want what we can't have.....money's earmarked for very specific things over the next 2 weeks, so no frivolous expenditures. Spinach and strawberries certainly aren't a frivolous expenditure, but they aren't a necessity, alas...

KICKING myself for going back on my word re: buying only Native Sun produce...Publix greenleaf is ok, but I was seduced by the smell of the peaches too. Never mind that I live next door to Georgia and the damn things probably came from California...they only smelled good; the flavor was nonexistent and the consistency was hard. Really disappointing...and it's ironic because I looked at the oranges too, but decided against them because any orange on sale in June has to be too tart to enjoy...but oh, peaches are "in season" so they must be ok...guess again...

An easy answer to the social stigma issue of using a cloth hand towel at work would be to leave it in my desk and walk back from john to desk with wet hands...

Progresso plain bread crumbs contain HFCS and straight corn syrup above and beyond the ingredients of the actual bread. WHY? I am so going to get back to baking my own loaves on the weekends...

But not tonight...gotta wash out some clothes (use the new drying rack!) and prep for bill paying later in the week...

No comments: