Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just some stuff






The flower shots are the biggest honkin' iris I'd ever seen (in my inlaws' front yard); the others, my 20-month-old niece, Kylie. I couldn't believe I got that last shot; it's pure ham. And yes, that's her wearing my knitting loom in the top one :)

Weekends are tricky these days; I spend one day at Mom's helping her feel less overwhelmed about the house, and the other day just trying to get a little bit accomplished around my own place. Saturday Mom and I planted a border of aloe and herbs in front of her shrubs, and talked about furniture purging. She's hoping to get out of that house probably within the next 6 months, which means tag sale and storage planning. The storage concept is proving more costly than any of us want to think about, so we're warming her to the idea of getting a place with a garage. I'll hopefully take a bunch of it off her hands when we move next year ::crosses fingers::, but in the meantime...

Turned the heel and heading up the gusset on Broadripple...made our reservation for the campsite...

1 comment:

clown princess said...

What gorgeous iris you have! I planted some last year so am hoping to get a few blooms this year. I love them. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog!