Saturday, March 08, 2008

More inspiration

Added Knitting Iris and TN Farmgirl to my Links...Knitting Iris has some seriously beautiful pictures of hoarfrost (scroll down just a bit), and TN Farmgirl is a gold mine for agrarian living and medicinal herbs...

Shouldn't have put any of this paycheck on the prepaid debit...already was bad at Joann's today, though absolutely everything I found was on sale. Indulged in a small quilting board and a rotary cutter, some thread, fat quarters and remnants. Not sure what I want to do with 'em yet, but it's a nice start. Already thinking of going back for some more remnant trolling, because I finished the strap on the Cascade bag, so it looks like a regular bag FINALLY. I'm going to felt it (as soon as I figure out how to do that and have the controlled setting in which to do it, i.e. washing machine at Mom's house, rather than the community machines at my complex), line it, and stick a fabric-covered piece of cardboard in the bottom (which I'll probably secure to the bottom so it doesn't drive me nuts)...Almost Finished Objects are nice too. With the sewing, I'm starting with small stuff (like coasters or placemats), and may even try my hand at cloth menstrual pads, because the remnant I did come away with was a nice piece of flannel. S'pose I should make sure Mom's sewing machine still works before I get my mind set on these projects, huh? Typical Melanie...

Got my hairs cut while managing to keep most of the length...nice relief...

How 'bout that wind today, Florida? Talk about "in like a lion"...reminded me of Above All, when the folks used to joke that they needed to keep us tied to something outside, so we wouldn't blow to Danbury...

No comments: