Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yummy Chocolatey Thursday

We don't do much for Valentine's other than a nice box of Russell Stover's for me :) (which will switch to free trade candy hopefully next year) and maybe flowers if we're flush at the time...never was much of a fan of the holiday for all the normal reasons that a young unattached female wouldn't like it (it's overly commercial nobody loves me or will ever love me for that matter I must be really fat and ugly to not have anyone so f*ck it), but since I'm married now, and it's a made-up holiday anyway, we keep it simple...

My cup runneth over at work though...got a sack of candy from a designer, there's more candy at the front of our aisle, and my boss (the one whose wife started this year in Summerland) gave seemingly everyone on the Operations floor a single long-stemmed rose. That's gotta be a way to help him heal, cuz Valentine's usually causes nary a ripple in this place...reminded me that Dad's 9-month mark blew right past me this week, and the bittersweet ache that produced wraps around me like a hug.

I'm feeling better. The relief of that, coupled with the abundance of my favorite food today, has me smiling and opening up again. It's been a turtley week or three. We had a freeze last night, but the temps will be Florida pleasant during the day for the next week, looks like. May have to get out walking...

No comments: