Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sleepy, bored, the usual...

Motor's running about 3/4 speed today...I've actually been busting tail the last 3 days making my numbers at work, so I think it's just brain crispyness...I start mentally wandering, as I'm checking my daily email and blogs, and I venture out into the fields, to pick the biggest rocks out of the smaller plot so that when I go over it with the harrow to start the winter crop, they won't dent or bend the blades.....Canada's venturing into jacket weather already, the lucky bastards...

I think I may come up against a significant block in my ability to garden this winter...the stability of the porch. Sylvester (the big aloe) is sitting on a crack in the concrete that spans the width of our little porch, and he's so heavy, the crack is actually starting to give a bit. Granted, our complex is 30+ years old and I doubt they've ever done any kind of remodel work on our porch since, but it's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed before I set out any fresh plants. I'm going to have to create a space in the dining area for the charcoal cooker, plants, and Les's bike, and get the complex maintenance guys to give it a good look-see. Yay. I'm going to try and do the main clearing and cleaning for that this weekend, so we don't let it go like we have the closet hardware. Ah, the closet hardware.....maybe that's all I should address this weekend...

Started the strap for the Cascade bag in a basic rib...not overly crazy about it, but not worried since I'm still planning to try felting this bag. I realized that the bag has been my next random project, given that stockinette in the round is a straight knit, so that's probably why I'm a touch thrown by the rib strap now that I've started it...I portioned off 14 stitches because I was originally going to do a basketweave (but I came to my senses), which means a rib that goes, 3-2-2-2-3, which isn't entirely a no-brain knit.

Saturday is the local American Heart Association Heart Walk. I didn't have the energy to fundraise overtly, but I'm walking with Mom in memory of Dad. If anybody's interested in donating, give me a shout. I managed to make it through yesterday without a meltdown, so I'm thinking that Saturday will be a little emotionally soggy. I just miss him.

No comments: