Monday, September 10, 2007

New week.....again.....

It's a good Monday.

Birthday was fairly uneventful; went to Mom's for dinner and cake, got to hang with Hunter. It's so nice to know an autistic kid who's able to give hugs and kisses. I did a lot of knitting and relaxing this weekend, and I'm better for it. Finished the random wrap, which is a delightfully unruly mess of acrylic that wraps around me like a hug. I'm about 2/3rds done with the body of the Cascade bag...started some I-cord for the straps, but it's coming out awfully thin, so I'll probably a) switch yarns and/or b) switch from 4-stitch to 3-stitch and braid it instead.

I can tell it's going to be a good restless week, where a couple of things actually get accomplished. There's stuff to be organized, the house is a mess, the cat's not eating enough...in other words, the usual. I'm thinking exercise could actually occur again. I'm thinking of trying Emerald with the mohair I got last week, just might have to tweak the gauge. Caught a couple of decent movies on Saturday: Mirrormask, Wide Awake, and a sappy, guilty pleasure that I love from Hallmark, Follow the Stars Home. I want to get the high E restrung on my guitar and start playing again. I'm going to tell Les if he wants to save for something for my birthday, make it a bike. Why spend $60 on dinner at D & B's or someplace when we could invest in something that'd get me fit and save on gas? I'd love just a regular bike with a front basket so I could run the 1/4 mile to the store without the car. Time to make some lists...

I'm missing Dad this week, meaning I'm noticing my grieving shift to literally missing him, being ticked that he's not around, feeling robbed, aching that we didn't have more time. There's just no good reason why he shouldn't have been there yesterday at the house, sitting in his bar chair, watching TV backwards through his mirror while we ate dinner. I'm gently going to start harassing Mom for Dad's medical records, because I think I know what took him, and it so burns me that his cardiologist isn't willing to come out and say it. Mom says he kept going back to their inability to get his blood pressure stable, and I was like, hello, what controls the blood pressure though? The heart! He's blaming it on the cart when the horse is what had the broken leg...it's a metaphor, folks, work with me here...

No comments: