Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mind over matter

Coffee NEEDS to start working its magic. I think the meds are making me sleepy. This sucks. The good news, I guess, is that it does feel as though the Celebrex is doing its job. It's not as good a job as the fun leftover pills I have from Husby, but that only makes sense...we're talking the difference between a COX-2 inhibitor NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory something) and a narcotic, so naturally the narcotic is going to erase the pain rather well, but then not last as long. But I'm trying to save those babies for special occasions, and my mobility has increased quite a bit on the regimen the doc gave me, so it's time to suck it up and quit whining.

Finished the booties, started the hat. Unfortunately, the Babies R Us card we snitched from his sister was tapped, had a whole $.60 on it, so I may have to content myself with just the hat, booties, and kimono for Brenton's little one. SO enjoying Kingsolver's book. Makes me want to hit the farmer's market, especially since we're probably right smack in squash and tomato season. Funds are dangerously low at present though...we'll pay rent first and then see.

This back thing really takes the wind out of my sails end of day, so I'm trying not to be hard on myself for not getting enough accomplished after work. It feels so good to get home in the evenings though. That combined with my impatience for TV lately oughta help get a little more done after work in the evenings in the coming months. Even when the new tube season starts up, I have a feeling there will be less stuff drawing my attention toward the idiot box, plus I'm thinking that 2 of my faves, House and Grey's Anatomy, won't hold nearly the allure of past seasons, not until we've put some more time between us and Dad. So good. I've got too much on my plate to be wasting it in front of the idiot box anyway. I oughta turn the damn thing off for a month and see if the electric bill shows a difference.

So tonight we'll transfer a couple of the listed items to a journal for easy reference, work on the hat, and think on easy areas of those lists that can be performed with a bum back.

1 comment:

Michelle Foreman said...

Good to hear you're feeling a little bit better.