Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm sick of being able to see the Thestrals!

My friend and former colleague, Jill Garrido, was killed this morning in a one-car accident. No seatbelt. Maybe dozed off for a second at the wheel and overcorrected, flipping her vehicle several times and ejecting her. She was 32...has 2 small kids. I ache all over again.

I don't understand a god that would take a mother from her kids like that. What's the f-ing point? To teach them that you should always wear a seatbelt? There's gotta be a less excruxiating way to drive that home. I took an early lunch and couldn't stop crying while I drove to run errands (granted, not the safest way to travel either, but I was extra careful given the sitch). I want to scream all over again. I want to go to her funeral but I know I wouldn't be able to handle it; it's just too soon. I want to hold her kids and tell them about their mom. I want this not to have happened.

No comments: