Monday, May 21, 2007

Life goes on...

I'm back at work. Got a question though...just exactly how am I supposed to perform as a contributing member of society when it feels as though someone sliced up my heart with dull razor blades and dunked it in a vat of iodine? And then lit it on fire? And then scooped out my insides and left this big gaping hole?

Just curious...

There's a physical twinge in my belly from the ache. I'm moving in slo-mo again, and I'm still exhausted. I walked around my building on my morning break, and it was plenty; I can't wait to go home and nap.

Took pleasure in how pretty the weather was and how everything's in bloom; there's the most pristine leaves on the trees. Grabbed a burger at lunch and enjoyed its flavor, made a point not to wolf it down or read or knit; who needs those distractions during a meal? Besides it's supposed to keep you from overeating, that level of cognizance. Didn't keep me from eating a sleepy amount of fries today, but everything in baby steps...

Started Jaywalker sock over (had to decrease, because I'm using 3s instead of 1s) and the new Kingsolver book. Lace projects are absolutely getting tucked away until further notice; I have the attention span of a hummingbird on downers and would screw it up faster than you can say, oh shit, is that a run?!

No comments: