Monday, October 02, 2006

October


I love October. Always have. I'm a Yankee transplant, so October for me means leaves turning and falling, the woods taking on this fantastic smell, jumping in said leaves when raked into piles, a cool snap in the air, pumpkins, apples, and other harvesty stuff. We won't get the cool snap in the air down here for a while yet, and the leaves don't change until December/January in Florida, but October sticks in my head in a northern way and buoys my spirits. I wanna make pumpkin bread and apple pies. I can't wait for Halloween.

Had a really good Sunday! Sat on my ass, caught up on stuff I'd taped last week, knitted, and sewed. I have these 2 LONG peasant skirts that I wanted to shorten, so I took off the bottom flounce on both, so now the bottom is this band of lace that makes them look prettier somehow, more feminine. Then I hand-stitched a fairly messy hem on the black flounce to make a long decorative scarf of sorts. Haven't decided what I want to do with the red flounce. Also started the heel on the 2nd Thuja; I'm going to concentrate on that one until it's done - it'll be nice to have an actual pair of socks that I knitted myself, never mind the satisfaction of actually finishing something for once. Of course, I say that, and I'll probably pick up the soaker or the other sock tonight...I'm a fairly scatty broad.

Avon Walk still up in the air. Unless I can get my company to donate like, a grand, I don't see being able to walk. Haven't given up yet; will send out fresh emails this week and draft the beg letter for my company, and the bake sale is this Friday...but also life is so painfully tight right now, that it's hard to justify the expense of going. I still need to purchase a sleeping mat, big Ziploc bags, and some other stuff, and in the meantime, the house phone is going to go dead because we can't pay the bill. So I'm letting up on myself and getting a little realistic. We'll see.....

No comments: