Friday, October 27, 2006

Distraction

A fresh meme to distract me from the fact that I've been feeling like poop on toast this week...

48 things you probably never wanted to know in the first place:

1. FIRST NAME? Melanie
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My folks discovered the name thanks to Melanie Chartoff, popular singer from around, oh, 1969. They didn't expect the nickname issues or that it would get as common as it has.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Crocodile tears over something on TV the other day, can't remember what...
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Only when I work at it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Boar’s Head Deluxe Ham
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Wow, that's a good one...I think I would.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? You're reading it. This computer age has made me too lazy to keep a handwritten journal, with the exception of my spell grimoire.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, unfortunately. They cause sore throats several times a year now.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. Never. I also won't jump out of a plane or even ride a decent roller coaster in this lifetime; I'm quite secure in my chicken-ness.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios & butter...yes, I know, sounds gross, with the addition of taking a perfectly healthy cereal and destroying it with half a stick of fat, but it's SOOOO good!!!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not lately, though I always untie them to put them back on.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically I've turned into a marshmallow. Mentally, when I'm medicated, absolutely. Actually, mentally, strong all the time; you have to be to survive the serotonin and lithium deficiencies I've been saddled with.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffee, Mint Chocolate Chip, Haagen Daz Chocolate Chocolate Chip, aaahhhh.....damn, now I'm hungry...
14. SHOE SIZE? 11 ::sigh::
15. RED OR PINK? Depends on the shade; dark pink's my favorite (I hate the name mauve), but I really like barn or brick red too.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? See the last part of Question #12.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Nanie. She hasn't passed yet (95!), but I fear I won't get to see her again before she does, so I think about her A LOT!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Well, doesn't apply as much on a blog, and most of my knitting blog pals have become COMPLETE SLACKERS, so...
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans, grey shirts, light blue NB sneaks.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Just polished off the morning Eggos with peanut butter
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the office
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Mauve, but I'd call myself Dark Pink :)
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Cedar mulch, fallen leaves, pine, cinnamon, the house when I'm baking, my husband when he wears Drakkar, the list goes on....
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Husby. I needed advice; one of our car tires is low.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Sounds really shallow, but good looks first and then a good heart.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don’t know her, but she seems like a pretty prolific knitter, so I'm a little jealous.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Barq's root beer.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Watching: football, especially our boys (Jax Jags), preferably with a beer in one hand and a bag of regular Lays in my lap ::sigh::. Playing: not sure...I've gotten big and it's been a while. I never was a runner, but I still dream of running cross country, and possibly trying a triathlon in the future. Still loathe volleyball with every ounce of my being :)
29. EYE COLOR? Blue
30. HAT SIZE? Don't know but it's a big sucker...the average Betmar hat is too small :(
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.
34. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD THAT BE? Cabin in the Blue Ridges
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, hands down. I've been in Florida too long.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? That's almost too personal, because Les's self-consciousness about his teeth has changed our kisses, and our hugs are a full-body, squeezing-together-on-the-couch experience, so while I love me some sloppy snogging, the hugs are winning at present.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Too many to name; SERIOUS sweet tooth.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Meara, if she needs a distraction too.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everyone else.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Just pulled a fresh batch of overwhelm-ment (yes, that word is an MJ original) from the library, dealing with health, fitness, and yoga, as it has dawned on me that any PCOS symptoms that I've recently been admitting to, are very likely entirely self-inflicted by my out-of-control weight, so if I don't want to completely screw up my fertility, I need to do something about it. Haven't dipped my toes into any novels lately, and I miss that.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A faded, threadbare surface, and waffle crumbs probably.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? I indulged in Ugly Betty and some Grey's Anatomy repeats.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Just about anything in nature...farts...baby sneezes.
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Sacrilege, I know, but I never really got into either of them.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? England
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I'm a font of useless entertainment trivia, and a decent Six Degrees player.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Norwalk, CT.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I snuck it from Maureen of Flower City Knits.

No comments: