Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Things to do today:

1. Plaster a smile on my face and keep it there when my coworkers are singing "Happy Birthday" to me later.

37. Definitely still wrapping my mind around that one.

Plus woke up tired today, and that pisses me off, because there's not a decent reason for it. I hit the sack on time. Woke up just exhausted, hit the john, and thought to myself, "please let it be, like 3 a.m."

It was 6:30. I get up at 6:45. Grr.

Paraphrased from Caroline in the City:
Richard: My girlfriend wakes me up by singing, "good morning, good morning, a happy winter morning..." (affects shrill singing voice)
Amy: And you haven't clubbed her like a baby seal yet?

I thought of a good one yesterday...if you're going to be a bitch, at least ride the broom side-saddle so it'll be easier to jump off when you're feeling better.

My wimpy disclosure about walking and fundraising yesterday earned me a tongue-lashing by my Salem pal and fellow walker. I deserve it. I have 39 days to pull this sucker together, both monetarily and physically, and from where I'm stuck sitting (work cubicle) right now, it's certainly a daunting task. But I don't shy away from those, and I'm not about to start. I'll figure out a payment plan with them if I don't have all the dough by October; heck, they even give you an extra month to fundraise after the walk. No throwing in the towel here!

Had to postpone doing stuff last night due to minor power outage (did you know those utility companies expect money EVERY month?!), so tonight will be getting the press releases out. Alexa's right; I can postpone the thank-you notes--I'm keeping track online of who got them so far, so it's not like I'm going to forget the others. But first, I'll grab a walk right after work :)

No comments: