Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Quick update for my hoards of followers...

The press releases are out! I'll give 'em a week and then email follow-ups. I know, I know, should probably call 'em...

Planning a bake sale for 10/6 at work...that netted $300 last time.

Only took me knitting 1 whole sock to discover the flaw in the pattern. Thuja calls for a set of 4 size 6 dpns. It needs a set of 5. Should have tipped me off when the pattern calls for a cast-on of 44 stitches and then to divide them evenly among the needles...44 ÷ 3 = hmmmm.....yeah, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so I had, I think, 15, 15, & 14, which resulted in a purl stitch at the beginning of a needle and we won't go into how challenging that was for M for some reason.

Anywho, the seed-stitch rib is a 3+1 pattern so if you want it to be even, it needs to be divisible by 4 (am I saying that right? basic math wording was never a strong suit). Meaning you're better off with a cast-on of 48 (16, 16, 16 or 12, 12, 12, 12). Whew! I'm probably off on this somewhere, but can't for the life of me figure out how to email them to let them know (enabling Javascript is apparently beyond my scope today). Naturally I figure this out when I have started the 2nd sock and have 2 sides with nice ribbing and one side of laughable, half-seed stitch, half rib going on...

Still, I'm finally seeing the addiction that is socks...thinking of also starting something with the sock yarn Dana stuck in that bag of Red Heart for me last week...

No comments: